Tropic Marin Iod (Iodine) 50ml
- Highly concentrated Lugol’s solution for saltwater aquaria
- Essential trace element for sea dweller
- Exact dosages without prior dissolving
- Improves the adaptation to light and the colouring of anthozoa, especially of hard corals
- Prevents goitre at fish
- Is essential for the hardening of the chitinous shell of crustaceans
- Suitable for an aquarium stocked with marine fish, soft corals, LPS, SPS, other filter feeders and/or crustaceans
Out of stock
Of all the trace elements found in natural sea water, iodine is associated with the widest range of effects. Iodine prevents goitre as an important component of the thyroid hormone. It also is essential for the hardening of the chitinous shell of crustaceans. Coralline algae deposit iodine in surface structures and gorgoniias deposit it in the axial skeleton. Brown algae also strongly accumulate this trace element.
Experiments clearly show that Tropic Marin® Iod improves the adaptation to light and the colouring of anthozoa, especially of hard corals. Due to its unstable nature in solution, iodine should be added to saltwater aquariums on a regular basis. Tropic Marin® Iod contains iodine in its most effective form, as elementary I2.